Saturday, September 16, 2006

Communication Cell Group Sermon Part 3

3. Level Three: MY ideas and judgments.

Real communication only begins here!
- The person is willing to put down his defenses ... and start sharing his ideas and decisions.
- But he is still somewhat cautious ... if he senses that people don’t accept what he is saying, he will immediately retreat.

• “I think you should spend more time with our kids.”
• “I think I should further my studies next year.”

4. Level Four: My EMOTIONS and feelings.

Now the person shares how he/she personally feels about the facts, ideas and judgments.
- The feelings underneath those areas are now revealed.

• “I am afraid I may not do well in my exams at the end of the year.”
• “I am very happy that you feel this way about our family.”

This is sharing your feelings!

5. Level Five: TOTAL, TRUTHFUL open communication.

All deep relationships, especially marriage relationships, must be based on absolute openness and honesty.
- This may be difficult to achieve because it involves the risk of being rejected because of our honesty.

• “I don’t know if I can be a good mother, I am so busy at work everyday.”
• “Listen, don’t stress yourself out ... you are a fantastic mother. If you are not able to cope, let’s discuss if you should work part-time instead.”


From
Letter TO GOD

No comments: